A portable sump pump is a great fix if you need to get rid of extra water. We reviewed the Tsurumi LB-480 to help those looking for a compact dewatering pump.
You can switch the discharge direction to top or horizontal, which will prevent crimping in the discharge hose. Since the Tsurumi LB-480 model needs electricity, it isn’t the best option if you want to prepare for an emergency power outage.
The Tsurumi LB-480 is great for anyone dealing with an unwanted amount of clean water. While it isn’t built for sewage or large debris, it can pump out thousands of gallons of sand filled water in an hour.
Even if you have no experience dealing with a sump pump, the float switch is there to help. A float switch will activate the Tsurumi LB-480 pump when the water rises to a certain level. You won’t have to sit there and wait for the water to disappear to turn off the sump pump.
If you have a home, worksite, or want to add a waterfall to your pond, you might want a portable and submersible pump option that you can take anywhere. You might even be popular with your friends and neighbors if it starts flooding!
- Weighs 28 pounds
- Requires electricity
- Dimensions: 7.375” W x 11.25” H
- Pumps up to 62.4 gallons per minute
- Uses a 2” discharge NPT that allows pump to fit into 8” pipes
- 2/3 HP motor
- 2 year warranty
Semi Vortex Impeller Design
The Tsurumi LB-480 uses a semi vortex impeller, allowing the pump performance to last even as the impeller gets older. The semi vortex impeller creates a vortex of water when pumping, keeping any damaging debris away from the impeller.
- This sump pump is small and lightweight
- The pump is submersible
- You can adjust the discharge direction
- It can handle clean water and water containing sand
- Its oil lifting feature lubricates the mechanical seal faces
- The 32’ power cord allows you to use the sump pump a great distance from an electric source
- Requires electricity to run
- It isn’t made to pump out solids
- The semi vortex impeller is long-lasting but isn’t as efficient as other impeller types
Troubleshooting and Potential Problems
If you decide to use this pump on dirty water, you will be cleaning it after every use and risk shortening its lifespan. Water debris like chunks of mud can clog the sump pump and ruin the speed and efficiency of the motor.
When you operate the pump, make sure the water temperature is between 32 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit. To avoid dangerous electrical fires, make sure the supply voltage you are using matches the sump pump’s 110 voltage.
Why Choose the Tsurumi LB-480?
If you are a newbie to sump pumps, rest assured by choosing the Tsurumi LB-480. This sump pump will work in indoor or outdoor settings, can beautify your decorative pond, and is easy to take on the go. You can buy it for yourself on Amazon.
Tsurumi Pump Reviews