When your home starts to flood, the last thing you want to do is waste time looking for a sump pump. That’s why it’s important to know where the best places are to rent a sump pump ahead of time.
In this guide we will discuss the 5 best local places to rent a sump pump in 2022. We’ll also provide some tips on how to choose the right rental sump pump for your needs. So don’t wait until it’s too late – read on for more information!
Our 5 Favorite Places To Rent A Sump Pump:
Home Depot is one of the most popular places to rent sump pumps. They offer a wide variety of sump pumps for rent, as well as all the necessary accessories. Home Depot also has a great return policy, so if you’re not satisfied with your rental sump pump, you can easily return it.
The main reason we recommend Home Depot is because of the wide range of pumps. Homeowners can rent small portable pumps and contractors can rent larger, more powerful pumps. No matter what your needs are, Home Depot is sure to have a sump pump that’s right for you.
Another reason to rent at Home Depot is convenience. There are multiple locations throughout the country n most big cities, so chances are there’s a Home Depot near you.
One thing to keep in mind is that Home Depot requires a valid driver’s license and a refundable deposit in order to rent a sump pump. So be sure to bring your ID when you go to pick up your sump pump.
Lowe’s is another great option for renting sump pumps. They offer a variety of sump pumps for rent, as well as all the necessary accessories. Lowe’s also has a great return policy, so you can drop the pump off at any time.
We recommend Lowe’s for people who need a sump pump with specific features. For example, if you need a sump pump that’s also a battery backup or a portable pump, Lowe’s is likely to have what you’re looking for. They offer a wide variety of sump pumps, so you’re sure to find one that meets your needs.
Lowe’s also has locations across the country, so it’s likely there’s a Lowe’s near you. And if you need to return your sump pump, you can drop it off at any time – no appointment necessary.
The third place we recommend shopping for a rental sump pump is Ace Hardware. Ace has great prices and customer service – but they do have a smaller selection and fewer stores across the country so you might not have a location nearby.
Ace is a good choice for sump pump rentals because of their prices. They often have sump pumps on sale, so you can save a lot of money if you shop at Ace. In addition, their customer service is excellent – if you have any questions about your sump pump rental, the staff at Ace will be more than happy to help.
Cat Rental Store
Cat Rental Store is another good place to rent a sump pump Home Depot and Lowe’s do not have any available. Cat offers a wide range of tool rentals, including sump pumps and other water pumps that can help with a flooded basement or yard.
The store is not as well known as bigger competitors, but they do have over 1,300 locations so there is probably one in your city.
Sunbelt Rentals is a full-service rental company that offers sump pumps for rent. They also have a wide variety of other tools and equipment available, so if you need something else to help with your flooded basement or yard, Sunbelt is likely to have it.
We suggest Sunbelt Rentals since they have over 14,000 different types of equipment and 950+ locations that are staffed with a knowledgeable team that can help you pick the right model for your project.
Picking The Right Sump Pump To Rent
If you know you need a pump but are not sure what type, here are some factors to consider when picking the right sump pump to rent:
- The severity of your flooding problem – If you have a serious flooding problem, you’ll need a more powerful sump pump. If you only have a small amount of water, a smaller sump pump will do the job.
- The type of water – If the water is clean (e.g. from rain), you can get away with a pump that has a smaller filter
- How often you experience flooding – If you only experience flooding once in a while, you can get away with a less powerful sump pump. If you have frequent flooding, you’ll need a more powerful sump pump and rent it for longer which can impact the price
- The size of your sump pit – Larger sump pits require larger sump pumps
- Your budget – Price-sensitive customers may want to focus on sump pumps that have lower gallons per hour and rental rates. If you’re not as worried about the price, you can focus on sump pumps with more features or better performance
- Additional features and functionality – Renting a basic pump will be cheaper than a sump with fancy features like a battery backup or one that’s also a water heater. You’ll need to decide if the extra features are worth the price.